Natural Skin Care Checklist
Take a look at your vanity table and examine what you see. Are you spending lots of money on skin care products with tons of harsh chemicals? Are the ingredient names too difficult to pronounce? You can replace these items with natural, simple and effective products while saving money on your shopping. This Natural Skin Care Checklist will be your guide to a glowing skin.
- Cosmetic advertising can be deceptive. Most of us accumulate a myriad of products over the years, many of them we hardly use. Clean out your cabinets and get rid of all of the products you own with toxic ingredients. Keep your routine simple. These are the three main items you need:
- Use an organic glycerine soap for cleansing.
- Avoiding damage from sun exposure will preserve your skin.
- Aloe Vera, coconut oil and vitamin E are examples of natural moisturizers that work really well.
- Many times companies will label a product as natural, but it won’t really be natural. In fact, these products may contain toxic chemicals. You are the expert on your own skin. Over the years, you’ve noticed what works well for your skin type and what doesn’t. Make a list of the ingredients and skin care brands that your skin works well with and the ones you’re allergic to. This will make a good reference sheet for future purchases. Research companies, and their products before you buy them. Ask yourself:
- Ingredients that are grown organically haven’t been touched by pesticides or synthetic fertilizers. Bio-dynamic farming methods incorporate more holistic farming techniques between the soil, plants and animals. Look for the USDA organic seal on product labeling.
- There are so many natural skin care recipes online. Search the internet for a few, and try your hand at making them. Oftentimes, you won’t need to go further than your kitchen. Some ingredients include:
- One of the best things you can do for your skin is to eat well. Avoid eating too many refined sugars and grains. Eat plenty of healthy fats like flaxseed oils and omega 3 fish oils. Make sure your diet is rich in whole grains, fruits and vegetables:
- 7 views today
- 1 uses today
Natural Skin Care Checklist Tips
Stay away from items containing artificial fragrances which oftentimes contain phthalates. They are linked to many health problems. When in doubt, choose fragrance free.
Packaging is important. Stick with glass because it is nontoxic and the ingredients are not tampered while encased in it.
Plenty of exercise and hydration (7 glasses of water a day) will help flush toxins from your body, giving your skin a healthy glow.