- How large your group is will affect transportation.
- Browse online to get ideas. Does your prom have a theme? This may impact your choice of dress.
- For girls, this may be influenced by what type of dress you choose, as well as any hair accessories and jewelry.
- Check out carpool options with other parties.
- Will you be getting ready with friends at someone's house, or prepping solo at home?
- If you are part of a group, get a consensus of ;everyone's ;budget and meal ;preferences. Shop around for deals - some restaurants offer group discounts, or deals on special occasion parties.
- You'll want at least a few weeks for this, since you may change your mind or need alterations.
- Make sure they are comfortable enough to be able to walk in for at least a few hours!
- Bring pictures so your hair stylist knows what you want.
- These can be done a day or two before the event to save time.
- Getting take-out food and eating it before you prep is an alternative (and cheaper) dinner plan.
- If hiring a driver, arrange all pickup/drop-off details and hours of service beforehand.
- If you are going in a group, plan to meet at a location where everyone can take photographs.
- Make sure you know where you'll be staying, whether at a hotel, your home, or a friend's house.
- If you are getting a manicure/pedicure, get nails done first, then hair, ending with makeup.
- Prep at your planned location, and finish off with any accessories.
- Make sure to bring enough money for the bill and tip.
- Make sure you have your prom tickets and ID ready.
- 21 views today
- 4 uses today
Dazzle in your dress, but don't forget the tickets! Prom season is finally here, but you need a plan to make sure things go smoothly. Make your prom night fuss-free and fun with our Prom checklist.
- If your shoes are too uncomfortable for dancing, bring a pair of fancy flats you can change into.
- Bring a small bag or purse with any makeup, hairspray or hair accessories you may need.
- Bring a spare set of casual attire and footwear in case you want to change later on. (Midnight breakfast, anyone?)
- If you're going somewhere else for the night, bring a bag with a change of clothes and any toiletries you may need.
- If you are not renting a limo or party bus, ensure that you are making safe transportation arrangements. Always have a designated driver.
- In addition to your cell phone, carry contact numbers of close family members or neighbors. If you want or need to leave your group, you should always have a safe alternative for getting home. Bring extra cash for cab or bus fare just in case.