First Date Checklist - Women
- Scrub the skin and face with a gentle exfoliant after sudsing for soft, smooth skin.
- Practice good dental hygiene before and during the date.
- Pack mini versions of hair spray or other products if you think you'll need to touch up during the date.
- Wear your favorite "going out" look, which may include more eye makeup or a bolder lip color. Carry a compact and lip gloss in your bag for mid-date reapplication.
- Pack a travel size version of your perfume in your bag if it's not particularly long-lasting.
- If you do not think you will have to walk around a lot throughout the course of the date, go for flattering high-heeled shoes. If the date involves a lot of physical activity, stick to comfortable flats.
- Find a dress, top and skirt, or top and pants that best suits your shape. Wear an outfit that makes you feel comfortable and sexy without revealing too much cleavage or showing off your entire midriff.
- ;Keep one or two cab numbers with you for in case one or both of you cannot drive by the evening's end.
- You don't want to look like you're trying too hard.
- Show respect by not taking calls, texting or checking your phone throughout the date.
- A few moments of silence is better than forced conversations.
- Keep your wits about you at all times during a first date, so say no to that third double vodka martini.
- 18 tasks
- 85 views today
- 1 uses today
First dates are often nerve-racking, whether it's a blind date or an outing with someone you've known for years. Rather than waiting to the last minute to make dinner reservations or to plan what you are going to wear, create a list of items you need and things you should do before the big night. First dates can be daunting enough without worrying whether you've packed enough breath mints or have enough gas in your vehicle.
• Eat breath mints as needed. If you've been sitting with your mouth closed for a long period of time, such as during a movie or theatrical production, pop a mint post-show to kill the odor-causing bacteria that has accumulated. • Avoid new makeup, hairstyles and clothing ideas before the date. Stick to your normal look so you'll feel confident and self-assured.