- (Now's the time to make a list!)
- Most credit card companies will open new cards for either/both spouses...but check with the credit card company first before you pull the plug.
- Don't skimp, but make every call/conversation count. You might want to make a list of questions and fax these to your attorney; this way you'll have time to make sure all of your questions are clear and it'll help you avoid multiple calls.
- ..so let them do their job!
- This means NO DEAL unless and until you're released from all joint obligations, such as mortgages, credit cards and auto leases/loans. You must first be releasedâ??either through re-financing or retirement of the debtsâ??prior to signing the final agreement. Otherwise, you could be haunted for years to come by your soon-to-be-ex-spouse.
- 68 tasks
- 169 views today
- 5 uses today