Work from Home Checklist
- Try a few "practice days" before you make your final decision.
- Will you be saving money, or spending more on office supplies? If you're a freelancer, you'll have to open an IRA, and also consider health insurance. These factors should all be taken in to consideration.
- This should be ;separate ;or partitioned off from the rest of your home, a place where you can work undisturbed.
- Both are good, but if you have to pick, a laptop may be your best bet, since it's portable.
- If you run a business out of home, this ;may be necessary.
- This could be a draft board with a place to stash blueprints, or a dressmaker's dummy. Whatever it is you need for your job, you better make sure you have it!
- This sounds like a no-brainer, but if you don't set up an office environment that allows you to comfortably work and stay focused, you won't be productive.
- In order stay motivated and productive, you need a structured routine so you can effectively manage your ;tasks, especially if you have deadlines to meet.
- Monitor how much time is spent not working. What are you doing, and how much does it detract from your work schedule?
- This can distract you for hours, and will inevitably cost you your day...and possibly your job.
- If you work from home full-time, it's easy to lose contact with family and friends. Set aside time during the day (during a break, for example) to call or email close contacts...stay in the loop.
- Even working from home entitles you to a respite from your desk. Just be sure it's a reasonable break, and you use it wisely.
- If you're going stir crazy, it's ok to step out for a walk, or bring your work with you - take your laptop to a coffee shop or favorite place and work from there for an hour or two.
- 24 tasks
- 81 views today
- 5 uses today
Considering a work-from-home position? There are some essential factors you need to think about before making the move. Our Work From Home Checklist outlines how to make your home office a positive environment for work. Check out helpful tips on how to stay productive and make the most of your workday from home.