Paint a Room Checklist
- You may want one with a retractable or attachable handle for ceilings or high walls.
- Put tape where the wall meets the door and window frames and any moldings.
- Primer will maximize sheen and give paint an overall even appearance.
- ;Set roller in the middle of tray well.
- Ensure the roller absorbs paint fully.
- Remove excess by scraping brush on sides of can.
- Use your roller by starting at the corner and painting in a 3x3 "W" pattern, then fill in the sections.
- Keep using the "W" (or M) pattern, and fill in the spaces.
- Brush around doorframes, windows, and moldings.
- Wait until walls are completely dry, then tape where wall meets the trim.
- Hold the brush handle as you would a pencil.
- Touch up with your brush.
- Make sure water runs clear before setting tools out to dry.
- 205 views today
- 9 uses today
You can brighten up any room with a fresh coat of paint and a little know-how. Our Paint a Room Checklist gives you the tips and tools you need to makeover your favorite room...easily.