DIY Dog Toys Checklist
Using this DIY dog toys checklist will allow you to make a simple, inexpensive toy for your favorite canine. Completing this particular no-sew dog toy requires very little time and minimal skill, and the project becomes even cheaper if you make it using a recycled t-shirt or similar piece of secondhand material.
- Fleece or denim works best.
- Pinking shears would work, too.
- Consider using fleece, flannel, or heavy t-shirt knits when making toys for small to medium dogs. When making the toy for a larger dog, you may need to choose a more durable fabric like denim.
- Using fabric scissors or pinking shears, cut three evenly sized strips from your chosen material. Make the strips 3 feet (91 cm) long and 3 inches (7.6 cm) wide for large dogs, 2 feet (61 cm) long and 2.5 inches (6.4 cm) wid
- Stack the three strips on top of one another, then tie them together into an overhand knot. Position the knot 2 to 4 inches (5.1 to 10.2 cm) away from one end of the stack.
- Use masking tape to secure the knot to a hard surface. Alternatively, ask another person to hold the knotted end for you as you work.
- Separate the stack into its three distinct strips. Cross the right strip over the middle strip and under the left strip.
- Weave the left strip over the middle strip and under the right strip. Doing so completes one full braid.
- Create additional braids down the length of the stack by following the same procedure: cross the right strip over the middle, then weave the left strip over the middle. Create as many braids as needed until only 2 t
- Regroup all three strips of fabric into a single stack. Tie another overhand knot at the loose end to mirror the first knot.
- Peel away the masking tape currently holding the toy down.
- Using fabric scissors or pinking shears, trim the loose ends of the dog toy so that they appear even in length.
- This step completes the DIY dog toys checklist. Use the new toy to play tug-of-war with your dog or give it to your dog for use as a chew toy.
- 18 tasks
- 8 views today