Do you want to clean your house, but don't know where to start? Our Cleaning Checklist gives you a guideline on what to clean in each room of the house. Use it to make a plan of what you still need to clean that week or give it to your kids to help them remind them of their chores.
Few people look forward to housework, but a clean, tidy home makes life much more pleasant. But you don’t have to work hours at a time to keep your house in order. Spending just 45 minutes a day to complete this entire list adds up to a big difference by the end of the week. Establish a daily routine of basic cleaning, make it a habit, and you will be amazed at how much easier it is to keep your house looking good.
- Larger jobs, such as thorough bathroom cleaning, vacuuming and mopping, should be performed weekly.
- Get your family involved. All adults and children should have daily assigned tasks.
- Work your way through the daily cleaning checklist in the same order and at the same time each day. This will help make it a habit, and get it done more quickly.
- Focus each day on clutter hot spots to prevent them from becoming overwhelming.
- Keep a mat on the outside and inside of entries to your home. This will greatly reduce the dust and debris tracked inside.
- Don't allow clutter to build up in your home, or maintain extensive collections of items that will require dusting.