Checklist trip to Germany
Advice for travelers Checklist
- Check if you need a visa to visit Germany, contact your local German embassy to find out.
- Make sure you have a travel insurance.
- If you visit Germany by car, make sure it is up to par with the strict highway code.
- Make sure you can identify yourself at all times.
- Bring a dictionary.
- Try local cuisine.
- You can safely drink water from the tap.
- Ask your hotel or host for sightseeing advice and local specialties.
- There are not many money exchange points throughout the city but all banks and ATMs accept foreign bank cards.
- Don't carry too much cash on you, paying via bank card is pretty much always possible.
- Never leave your belongings unattended and invest in a hotel safe.
- Don't tell strangers where exactly you live.
- Not every German citizen feels comfortable speaking English, make sure you bring a map for directions.
- The youth is generally more willing to communicate in English.
- Taxes are included in all prices, tips however are not.
- Always make sure you call for an official taxi not a private minicab, to make sure the prices are appropriate.
- Bring a wide variety of clothing, the weather changes a lot.
More Related Checklist Templates
"Checklist trip to Germany" not suitable?
Search the World's largest free library of checklist templates