Checklist trip to Baku, Azerbaijan
- 33 tasks
- 13 views today
- 1 uses today
Neither Europe nor Asia, Azerbaijan is an incredible tangle of contradictions and contrasts. Starting from 1960s the capital city Baku attracted extensive tourism ( more from Soviet Republics and Eastern European countries), as it includes hundreds of historical and cultural places to visit. Authentic wines, high-quality silk, gold ware and many other souvenirs will always bring only good memories back about this unique country.
Information for tourists in Baku
- Weather: Summers are hot & humid. Notice that winters are cool, wet and have strong breezes.
- You can use London taxi cabs – 0.70 AZN per km.
- It’s comfortable to use a bike in the city
- Citizens speak Russian, Azerbaijani, Turkish and English (but not everyone)
- You can find a lot of luxuries and mid-level restaurants with different kinds of cuisine (including national, Chinese ,Italian, Mexican and Russian food).
- Tea Houses are the best choice for trying great national teas prepared in samovars, especially during the summer.
- Baku, located next to the Caspian Sea where you can find a lot of beaches to swim and during the winter to have a cup of tea or a glass of something stronger.
- You need a visa for entering the country
- Don’t forget about travel insurance
- Print the charts of the currency converter and take them with you while you are travelling.
- Don’t forget about a map, you will need it in case people don’t understand you.
- If you are travelling during the winter you will need very warm clothes and shoes, it is very windy during this season.