Applying Wall Stickers Checklist
- Choose decals that are appropriate for the space where they will be applied. Keep in mind the size and color of the space.
- You will need a clean sponge to remove dust or debris.
- This will enable you to lightly trace the shapes of the stickers before you secure them to the wall.
- This will allow ;you to apply enough pressure onto the sticker to secure it to the wall.
- Any bubbles that develop under the stickers as you apply them to the wall can be carefully removed by rubbing the squeegee over the surface.
- If the sticker is a quotation or a similar text, it will require more precise placement.
- Use a sponge and warm, soapy water to carefully clean the surface.
- Allow the wall enough time to dry completely. Your stickers will not adhere properly to a damp surface.
- Some wall stickers can be difficult to remove from a surface, so you should know how you want them placed before you apply them. Lay out your stickers on a flat surface in the arrangement you want before installing them.
- ;Leaving the adhesive backing intact, use painters' tape to apply the stickers to you wall space to see how they look. Lightly trace the shapes with a pencil before removing them.
- Carefully pull the top half of the backing from one of your stickers and place it on its proper traced spot on the wall. ;Use your fingers to rub the top of the decal onto the wall area. Pull off the bottom half of the backing and secure the rest of the sticker.
- Use a wall scraper to ensure that it's adhered.
- Use a rubber squeegee to smooth out the stickers. Start in the center of the decal and gently push any air bubbles out to through the sides.
- 7 views today
Wall stickers can brighten any space in your home. And they come in almost any style — you'll find an endless variety available on the market today. But before you apply any wall stickers, be sure you are prepared and have all of the necessary tools and materials.
- Consider yourself warned: many wall stickers are not repositionable. Once they are secured, they cannot be removed.
- They are perfect for rental homes. Wall stickers allow renters to add style without changing or damaging the finish.
- If it's a large sticker, ask a friend or family member to help you. This will make it easier to keep the decals from sticking together while you are working.